16 mai 2014

Clément Fortin's Letter to the Hon. Peter MacKay Regarding his Request for Coffin's Pardon



 
 
 
Lettre à l'honorable Peter MacKay, ministre de la Justice et procureur général du Canada au sujet de la demande qu'il lui a faite de gracier Wilbert Coffin
 
 
 
 
Saint-Sauveur, May 2nd, 2014

 

 

 

Honourable  Peter Gordon MacKay
Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada
284, Wellington Street
Ottawa (Ontario) K1A 0H8

Re. Request to the Honourable Peter Gordon MacKay, Minister of Justice of Canada and the Honourable Steven Blaney, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness asking that a pardon be granted to Wilbert Coffin

Dear Sir:

In reply to my request to you for the pardon of Wilbert Coffin, Mr. Scullion of your Department sent me a letter. It seems that my request has not been understood. Given the thorough study that I have made of the Coffin affair, I never came to the conclusion that Wilbert Coffin was a victim of miscarriage of justice. You will find enclosed the letter I received from Mr. Scullion and my response. To avoid further misunderstanding, I also include a copy of my request to you for the pardon of Wilbert Coffin.

Lately, the Queen granted pardon to Alan Turing. You possess, Sir, that same power.

Hoping that you will close this file once and for all and relieve the Coffin family by granting pardon to Wilbert Coffin, I am, Sir,

Yours truly,

Clément Fortin, retired lawyer

40, de la Marquise Street,

Saint-Sauveur, Québec

Enclosed (3)

Aucun commentaire: